The Frequency of the generated Voltage basically depends on these points:
- No. of poles of the Alternator.
- The speed of the generator’s rotor (Field Winding).
- So, by increasing these above both factors, we can increase the generated frequency of the System but keep in mind that an Increase in frequency Cost will also increase so that is why both factors are limited.
The Conclusion is that the frequency band of around 50 Hz to 60 Hz is an optimized value of the frequency in both respects. i.e. Cost of generator and advantages of frequency. We can say that the Supply of Pakistan or India is 50 Hz due to the following factors:
- Due to the Cost efficiency.
- Practical difficulties in using 60Hz supply.
If there is anything else, Comment below your answer for our knowledge and visitor’s guidelines.