PM Modi, Bangladesh's Sheikh Hasina Jointly Launch Three Projects | 10 Points
- PM Modi and Bangladesh's Sheikh Hasina jointly launched three projects via video conferencing on Wednesday .
Rail and power sectors
- : The projects, supported by India, are in the sectors of rail and power,
Akhaura-Agartala rail link
- This project connects Akhaura in Bangladesh with Agartala in Tripura with a 12.24 km Dual Gauge rail line .
Khulna-Mongla port rail line
-This project builds a 65 km broad gauge rail route between Mongla Port and Khulna,
Maitree super thermal power project
- This project is a 1320 MW Super Thermal Power Plant located in Rampal in Khulna Division of Bangladesh,
Connectivity and energy security
- These projects will strengthen connectivity and energy security in the region .
- Sheikh Hasina also greeted PM Modi and the people of India for the upcoming Diwali festival .
- The inauguration of these projects comes at a time when the two countries are celebrating their strong bilateral ties through various initiatives,
- The theme of this year's Dialogue is 'Fostering a comprehensive and mutually beneficial partnership' .
- Sheikh Hasina thanked PM Modi for his warm hospitality during her visit to India in September 2023 for the G20 Summit .