DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SOLID STATE AND OFFLINE UPS SYSTEM
Solid-state Controls systems differ from off-line designs in the following ways:
1. Solid-state Controls offers an online, double-conversion UPS system. Therefore, the client’s critical load is being powered continuously from the inverter. The battery is always being floated by the fully-rated rectifier/charger and is always connected to the inverter input. As result, all components used in the Solid-state Controls design are fully rated to carry 120% of the load on a continuous basis over a 20-year life.
2. Solid-state Controls’ Ferro resonant design has a built-in capacity to supply nonlinear (crest factor) loads of up to 3:1 without oversizing.
3. Solid-state Controls’ online UPS design is provided with a make-before-break static switch to aid in downstream fault clearing and to protect against possible system failures.
4. Solid-state Controls’ online UPS system is a double conversion type, converts AC to DC, and then reconverts DC back to AC. It is also insensitive to frequency deviations at the primary input.
5. Solid-state Controls’ online UPS system is designed to handle input voltage deviations of +10% to 15% without causing the battery system to take over the inverter’s load. This reduces the UPS system’s reliance on its battery, thereby increasing the life of the battery system.
Related Topic – click here
- What Is A Diode? Working Principle & Types | Different Types Of Resistors
- What Is Synchronous Speed? | Types & Advantages Of DC Motors
- Working Principle Of Linear Variable Differential Transformer | Construction & Piezoelectric Transducers
- Three-Phase Induction Motor | 3-Phase Induction Motor Principle
- Introduction To Electrical Transformer | Definition, Construction & Parts Of A Transformer | Types Of Transformers
- DC Generator | Principle Of Operation, Construction, Types Of Generators & Application
- What Is DC Motor? | Principle Of DC Motor & Types Of DC Motors
- Diode-Circuits |Diode Convention, Transformer Rectifier & Objective Questions With Answer