BENEFITS OF UTILIZING FACTS DEVICES
The advantages of using FACTS devices in electrical transmission systems are described below.
1. MORE UTILIZATION OF EXISTING TRANSMISSION SYSTEM
In all the countries, the power demand is increasing day by day to transfer the electrical power and controlling the load flow of the transmission system is very necessary this can be achieved by more load centers which can change frequently.
The addition of new transmission line is very costly to take the increased load on the system; in that case, FACTS devices are much more economical to meet the increased load on the same transmission lines.
2. MORE INCREASED TRANSIENT AND DYNAMIC STABILITY OF THE SYSTEM
The Long transmission lines are interconnected with grids to absorb the changing loading of the transmission line and it is also seen that there should be no line fault creates in the line/transmission system. By doing this the power flow is reduced and the transmission line can be trip. By the use of FACTS devices high power transfer capacity is increased at the same time line tripling faults are also reduced.
3. INCREASED QUALITY OF SUPPLY FOR LARGE INDUSTRIES
New industries want a good quality of electric supply, constant voltage with less fluctuation, and desired frequency as mentioned by the electricity department. Reducing voltage, variation in frequency, or loss of electric power can reduce the manufacturing of the industry and cause high economical loss. FACTS devices can help to provide the required quality of supply.
4. BENEFICIAL FOR THE ENVIRONMENT
FACTS devices are becoming environmentally friendly. FACTS devices do not produce any type of waste hazard material so they are pollution free. These devices help us to deliver electrical power more economically with better use of existing transmission lines while reducing the cost of new transmission lines and generating more power.
5. INCREASED TRANSMISSION SYSTEM RELIABILITY AND AVAILABILITY
Transmission system reliability and availability are affected by many different factors. Although FACTS devices had the ability to reduce such factors and improve the system reliability and availability.
APPLICATIONS AND TECHNICAL BENEFITS OF FACTS DEVICES
The basic technical benefits of the FACTS devices include
(1) Problems of voltage limit
(2) Addressing steady-state applications
(3) Problems of thermal limits,
(4) Problems with short circuit levels and
(5) Problems of sub-synchronous resonance
Related Topic – click here
- What Is A Diode? Working Principle & Types | Different Types Of Resistors
- What Is Synchronous Speed? | Types & Advantages Of DC Motors
- Working Principle Of Linear Variable Differential Transformer | Construction & Piezoelectric Transducers
- Three-Phase Induction Motor | 3-Phase Induction Motor Principle
- Introduction To Electrical Transformer | Definition, Construction & Parts Of A Transformer | Types Of Transformers
- DC Generator | Principle Of Operation, Construction, Types Of Generators & Application
- What Is DC Motor? | Principle Of DC Motor & Types Of DC Motors
- Diode-Circuits |Diode Convention, Transformer Rectifier & Objective Questions With Answer