BASIC INSULATION LEVELS BIL
Having decided the voltage that is required to be created at any substation it is necessary to establish a common insulation level for all items of equipment of each system voltage.
It is to be ensured that the breakdown or flashover strength of all insulation (particular voltage) in the station will exceed the selected level.
After the development of station-type lightning arresters, the B.I.L have been determined on the basis of the protective characteristics of the lighting arresters.
These levels help us in the selection of proper equipment.
The protective devices are then so selected that their flashover values are considerably lower than the B.I.L of the apparatus, thereby leaving a sufficient margin of protection.
Related topic – click here
- Types Of Losses In Transformer Explained
- Differences Between 8085 And 8086 Microprocessor
- 8085 Microprocessor Architecture | Working On 8085 Microprocessor
- Difference Between Single-Phase And Three-Phase Transformer
- Water Filter Essential For Purification Of Drinking Water
- Thermocouple Types And Comparison | Thermocouple Of 8000-Liter Storage Tank